Welcome to Beyond Hearsay. Please read these Terms and Conditions before using or submitting content to Beyond Hearsay (the "Site"). Beyond Hearsay is owned by Kaplan PMBR Bar Review, a division of Kaplan, Inc., ("us" or "we"). By continuing to use the Site or by submitting content for publication on the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and you agree to be bound by any such changes.
- Our Site (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
- By posting or submitting content, including comments, (collectively, "Submissions"), on or to Beyond Hearsay (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise) you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, license to use, publish, publicly display and sublicense Submissions, in whole or in part, in original form or as edited or modified by us, in all languages, forms and media, on the Site and elsewhere, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Without limiting the foregoing, you grant us the rights to associate your name, likeness, voice, image and biographical information ("Profile Information") with Submissions and to use your Profile Information to promote and publicize Beyond Hearsay. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to edit or modify your Submission without prior notice, though we will generally work with you on any changes. We do not guarantee that your Submission(s) will be posted to the Site, and we reserve the unrestricted right to remove your Submissions from the Site.
- You are solely responsible for your Submissions and you represent that your Submissions are your own creations. You further agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; or (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or is otherwise inappropriate.
- If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of our content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512 ©) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (I) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (II) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (III) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (IV) your address, telephone number, and email address; (V) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (VI) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
By mail: Beyond Hearsay / Attn: Copyright Agent / Kaplan, Inc. / 395 Hudson Street, 4th Floor / New York, NY 10014
By phone: [212-974-6254]
By fax: [212-489-2301]
By email: [email@example.com]
- We do not necessarily hold the opinions expressed by our contributors. Some of the content on the Site is created by third party contributors, and we make no representations or guarantees with respect to the accuracy or completeness of such content.
- Nothing on this Site may be construed as legal advice.
- Linked sites: We do not endorse and are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to our Site.
- Liability Limitation: You agree that any claim you make against us (or our affiliates, parents, directors, officers, employees, or agents) shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of the Site.
- Any dispute between us will be governed by New York law and the exclusive forum for disputes arising from or related to this agreement shall be the state and federal courts of New York.